2021 Swim Season: Latest News
2021 County Championship Information
FINAL MEET SCHEDULE:
Friday July 9th, 2021
Session 1 ( Age 15 -18)
- Warmups; 4pm
- Start time : 5:30pm
Saturday July 10th, 2021
Session 2 ( Age 9 & 10)
- Warmups at 8 AM
- Start Time; 9:20AM session concludes at approx. 12:55PM
Session 3 (SINGLE Session - Ages 13-14)
- Warm up at 1:30PM
- Starting Time: 3:15PM
Sunday July 11th, 2020
Session 4 (Ages 8 & Under)
- Warm up at 7:30AM
- Start Time: 9:15AM session concludes at approx. 12:28pm
Session 5 ( Ages 11-12)
- Warm up: 1:15 PM
- Start Time: 3:15pm session concludes at approx. 6:20PM
Please note the following 2021 Regular Season Meet Start Times for our split meet format this year:
2021 Arrival Times
- EARLIEST ARRIVAL is 4:30 pm. The pool is not available until 4:00 and we need time to set up the deck.
- Session 1 swimmers (6 and unders, 7-8s and 9-10s): Arrive by 5:00 pm for 5:10 warm up. Warm up will proceed by age group.
- Session 1 will begin at 6:00 and last about 1.5 hours
- Session 2 swimmer (11-12s and 13-overs): Arrive by 7:15 for 7:30 warm up. Warm up will proceed by age group.
- Session 2 will begin shortly after 8:00 and last about 1.5 hours
- Depending upon your swimmer’s age and scheduled events, you may not need to stay for the entire swim meet.
- However, swimmers must check with the coach before leaving a swim meet!
- Please note the events are not run in numerical order due to the format. Relays will swim first, then individual events.
We will see you at the pool!
The Wahoo Board
Chateau Elan Wahoo Swim Team
A summer swim team that operates at the Chateau Elan Sports Club mid-May until the end of June. Swimmers compete in a minimum of two swim meets against other teams in the Gwinnett County Swim League.
Swimmers that qualify for the GCSL County Championship continue on and swim in the County Meet at GA Tech in the middle of July.
The swim team is for swimmers age 5-18 who can successfully complete a lap across the pool. (if you have a four year old who is a strong swimmer they can join the team too!)
Wahoo coaches work on stroke technique in all four strokes, skills such as dives and turns, and improving endurance. The Wahoo coaching staff emphasizes team spirit and sportsmanship in a fun and friendly environment.
The CE Wahoos is a volunteer run organization and requires parent participation to run smoothly - every family helps out!
Mini Wahoo Swim Lessons
This lesson program is for ages 3-6, who are not ready for the full swim team. The ratio is 1 coach: 4 swimmers, and this program operates the month of June. These new swimmers have an opportunity to show what they have learned in front of the whole team!