Head coaches Rick and Heidi Creed and have been coaching the Wahoos together since the beginning. Rick Creed is currently head swimming coach at Mill Creek High School, and was Gwinnett County's 2018 coach of the year. Heidi joined Rick in coaching the high school team in 2014. They have two daughters, Marlie and Sommers.
Coach Rick Creed earned his Ph.D. in Mathematics Education from Georgia State University. Prior to that, he taught mathematics and coached swimming, football, and baseball from 1981-1984 at Redan High School, and from 1986-1991 at Stone Mountain High School. From 1984 to 1986 he attended the University of Montana where he earned his Masters Degree in Mathematics Education. In Montana, he was a graduate assistant in the Mathematics Department of the University of Montana and he coached both USS and high school swimming. He went to high school at Towers High in DeKalb County where he held the school record for 100 breaststroke. He continued to be a standout swimmer at Georgia State where he held the school record for 200 breaststroke. He served one year as an assistant coach at GSU after graduation. Equally as impressive, he was named captain of his college team his junior year. Coach Creed is currently the President of the Georgia High School Swim Coaches Association and was the 2002 Parkview and Gwinnett County Teacher-of-the-Year. He recently completed his second year as the Head Swimming Coach at Mill Creek High School where the girls finished in 10th place and the boys 26th at the recent High School Championship Meet. Coach Creed was also named the 2002 National High School Boys Swimming Coach of the Year.
He enjoyed phenomenal success at Parkview. His and his teams’ honors include:
- Boys State Champs – 1995, 1998, 2000, 2001, and 2002
- Girls State Champs – 1997 and 1998
- Boys Gwinnett County Champs - 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, and 2002
- Girls Gwinnett County Champs – 1997, 1998
- Georgia Coach of the Year – 1993, 1995, 1997, 2000, 2001, and 2002
- Gwinnett Coach of the Year – 1993, 1994, 1996, and 1999, 2018
Coach Heidi Creed. As an age-group swimmer, Heidi swam under Frank Keefe who, at present, is the coach for Yale University. Just last year Frank Keefe was entered into the SWIMMING HALL OF FAME. Heidi continued her love for the sport at Ohio University where she placed and competed in the Mid American Conference. Heidi was also the Head USS coach for the Missoula Aquatic Club in Missoula Montana 1983-1985 where her team won two State Championships titles. Heidi also coached two powerful USS swim programs in Atlanta Georgia, Dynamo Swim Club and Swim Atlanta. Heidi has developed many age-group swimmers that are now competing at the Olympic Level and are top collage swimmers in the country. Heidi continues her love for swimming as she nurtures young swimmers into the sport through Summer League Swimming in Gwinnett County. Her dream is to one day have her own swimming facility so she can give many swimmers the opportunity to be great Athletes and people. Heidi has been an Art Teacher for 17 years, and most recently taught at at Jones Middle School in Buford Georgia. Heidi is also an illustrator and watercolor artist. She has illustrated many schools in Gwinnett County and famous buildings in Washington D.C.
2019 Assistant and Junior Coaches
Assistant coaching staff:
Haden H., Lainey L., Logan P., and Claire G.
Jordan H., Sarah G., Rachel W.
- Assistant and Junior coaches must submit applications prior to February 15. Application requests can be sent to email@example.com
- Junior Coaches must be a minimum of 14 years old and may be compensated end of the season based on the help provided to coaching staff and season participation (practices, meets, functions); junior coaches may be eligible for volunteer credit hours
- Assistant Coaches or Mini Wahoo Coaches must be a minimum of 16 years old, will be paid an hourly wage while coaching, have CPR / First Aid Training, participate in practices, meets, functions including the end of season party (Additionally, Lead Mini Wahoo Coach will communicate with parents)