Team Practice Times & Groups
Swim Team Members must be able to swim the length of the pool, 25 yards. We do not hold swim team try outs, if you are not sure your swim team participant can safely swim 25 yards - one length - please visit Bogan Park Aquatic Center at your convenience to confirm.
- IMPORTANT: Swimmers are placed in practice by age first, and within that practice they placed in lanes by experience within the group. For safety, swimmers cannot switch practices.
- A swimmer may be moved up or down to another practice time per the coaches based on experience and/or endurance for their safety and the safety of the other swimmers.
Afternoons PRACTICES: May 11 thru May 20 Monday thru Friday (no practice May 25):
- 5-5:30 PM All 6 and under, and inexperienced 7-8 year olds
- 5:30-6:30 PM Experienced 7&8, all 9&10, and inexperienced 11&12 year olds
- 6:30-7:30 PM Experienced 11&12 year olds and all older swimmers
Mornings PRACTICES: May 21 to July 29. Monday thru Thursday:
- 8-9 AM Experienced 11&12 year olds and all older swimmers
- 9-10 AM Experienced 7&8, all 9&10, and inexperienced 11&12 year olds
- 10-10:30 AM. All 6 and under, and inexperienced 7-8 year olds
County Qualifiers continue to practice and participate in the GCSL County meet July 11&12 at GA Tech.
- Follow the Top 100 as the season progresses.
- There are 5 heats at county of 10 lanes, so the Top 50 at the end of the season automatically qualify.
- If a swimmer qualifies in all events for example but is only allowed to swim 3, that opens up spots for other swimmers, up to Top 75 and even Top 100. See the County info tab
- Parents from each team across the league have to work the county meet
Simple formatted text