County Meet Info
What is county?
- GCSL ends the season with a county championship weekend mid July each summer at GA TECH pool
- Follow the Top 100 as the season progresses.
There are 5 heats at county of 10 lanes, so the Top 50 at the end of the season automatically qualify.
If a swimmer qualifies in all events for example but is only allowed to swim 3, that opens up spots for other swimmers, up to Top 75 and even Top 100.
Saturday AM - Session 1
- County Qualifiers Ages 9 & 10
- Warmups: 7:30 AM.
Saturday Afternoon - Session 2
- County Qualifiers Ages 13-14, 15-18
- Warmups: 1:30 PM
Sunday AM - Session 3
- County Qualifiers Ages 8 & Under
- Warmups: 7:30 AM
Sunday PM – Session 4
- County Qualifiers Ages 11 & 12
- Warmups: 1:15 PM
What relays go?
- Each team takes 1 relay which is combined of the 4 fastest swimmers on the team
- A member of a CE B relay sometimes goes if an A relay member is unavailable.
- Some swimmers qualify for the relay but not an individual event
Do I have to work at the county meet?
- Parents of county swimmers do need to volunteer at the meet
Simple formatted text